Fiber Optic Networks - speed and
reliability when transferring large amounts of information
Professional design and installation of FOCL
Fiber Optic Networks - FOCL (fiber-optic communication lines) are innovative systems for transmitting information through optical dielectric waveguides (optical fiber). Unlike copper cable systems, the carrier medium of FOCL is optical fiber, which is decades ahead of its time in terms of the advantages of this type of cable.
The advantage of FOCL over twisted pair
Fiber-optic communication lines can be considered as a type of SCS, but in practice they play the role of only external SCS trunks, while internal subsystems are implemented on the basis of a traditional twisted pair. Thus, most often fiber-optic communication lines are used where it is necessary to combine several floors of a building or geographically disparate buildings belonging to the same business structure through SCS.
With a competent approach, the construction of FOCL will unite the workplaces of your employees into a single network with common resources. So, for example, 1C accounting and other similar programs and applications will load equally quickly in all offices. Also, e-mail, the Internet, databases, etc. will work at the same speed at each workplace. In addition, the presence of FOCL will have a positive effect on the quality of telephone communication. Thus, the installation of a fiber-optic communication line will create equal working conditions for each employee.
FOCL construction - core values
- Wide bandwidth. The potential possibility of transmitting a stream of information over a single optical fiber for several terabits per second;
- Slight attenuation of the light signal in the fiber (0.2-0.3 dB at a wavelength of 1.55 microns per kilometer) and small dispersion. This allows the construction of optical lines up to 100 km long without the use of repeaters;
- Reliability of the transmission medium. The FOCL cable does not oxidize, does not get wet and is not affected by electromagnetic influences (thunderstorms, etc.);
- Fire resistance. Due to the absence of sparking, optical fiber provides safety in high-risk enterprises (chemical industries, etc.);
- Information security. Optical fiber has the property not to radiate in the radio range, which allows you to protect the data transmitted through it from interception. That is why fiber-optic communication lines FOCL are indispensable in institutions that place high demands on information security (banks, law enforcement agencies, etc.);
- Durability. Thanks to modern technology, optical fiber lasts approximately 25 years;
- Light weight and dimensions. Fiber optic cable diameter is at least 4 times smaller than copper cable at the same bandwidth;
- Economy. Despite the fact that the construction of FOCL is more expensive than the laying of a traditional SCS, the cost of optical fiber relates to a copper pair as 2:5. In addition, due to the high range of the FOCL signal, you can save on repeaters - for optics they are installed at a distance of up to 100 km, while for a copper cable it will take only a few kilometers.