Fiber-optic communication lines (fiber-optic communication lines) are innovative information transmission systems for optical dielectric waveguides (optical fiber). In contrast to copper cable systems, the fiber-optic medium is fiber, which has outgrown the time for tens of years in terms of the advantages of this type of cable.
Advantage of fiber optic link in comparison with twisted pair
Fiber-optic communication lines can be considered as a kind of SCS, but in practice they play the role of only external SCS mains, while internal subsystems are implemented on the basis of traditional twisted pair. Thus, most often fiber-optic communication lines are used where it is necessary to combine several building floors or territorially isolated buildings belonging to the same business structure by means of SCS.
With a competent approach, the construction of fiber optic links will unite your employees’ workplaces into a single network with common resources. So, for example, 1C accounting and other similar programs and applications will load equally quickly in all offices. E-mail, the Internet, databases, etc. will also work at the same speed at each workplace. In addition, the presence of fiber-optic communication will positively affect the quality of telephone communication. Thus, the installation of a fiber-optic communication line will create equal working conditions for each employee.
FOCL building – core values
The indisputable advantages of fiber-optic communication lines are:
- Wide bandwidth. Potential possibility of transferring the information flow over one optical fiber for a few terabit per second;
- A slight attenuation of the light signal in the fiber (0.2-0.3 dB at a wavelength of 1.55 μm in terms of one kilometer) and a small dispersion. This allows the construction of optical lines with a length of up to 100 km without the use of repeaters;
- Reliability of the transmission medium. The fiber optic cable does not oxidize, does not get wet and does not depend on electromagnetic interference (thunderstorms, etc.);
- Fire resistance. Due to the absence of sparking, optical fiber provides safety in enterprises of increased risk (chemical production, etc.);
- Information Security. Optical fiber has the property not to radiate in the radio range, which allows you to protect the data transmitted over it from interception. That is why fiber-optic communication lines of fiber-optic communication lines are indispensable in institutions that impose increased requirements on information security (banks, law enforcement agencies, etc.);
- Durability. Thanks to modern technologies, the optical fiber serves approximately 25 years;
Light weight and dimensions. The diameter of the fiber optic cable is at least 4 times smaller than the copper cable with the same throughput;
- Economical. While the construction of fiber optic networks is more expensive than the laying of traditional SCS, optical fiber at its cost refers to a copper pair as 2: 5. In addition, due to the high fiber-optic signal range, it is possible to save on repeaters – for optics they are placed at a distance of up to 100 km, whereas for a copper cable only a few kilometers will be required.